Monday, August 15, 2005

WIP no longer!

At last I've completed the dreaded school jumper, and not without problems despite such a simple pattern. I joined the shoulders with a three needle cast off, fine. Then I thought I might try the same to join the sleeves. As this involved picking up stitches round the armhole, making sure I had the same number as the top of the sleeve, undoing several times, dropping stitches etc. it took about three times as long as if I had sewn the sleeves in after all! However it does make a neat join.
I then found the neck border was too small to fit over Steven's head(and he has a very small head) so that had to be reworked. Well here is the result which is going into the back of the drawer to await next term. BTW royal blue is not an easy colour to photograph.




I then felt I was entitled to start a new project a Booga Bag in Adriafil Baba. This is progress so far. It will be my first attempt at felting.

I've also been busy this weekend creating another Blog purely for my family history research. Anyone interested should go to FamilyGen This is because I have had several contacts from distant cousins on both my father and mother's sides so this seems like a convenient way to keep every one informed of my research. Also, I'm not boring them with knitting in which they probably have little interest.

No comments: