Saturday, August 27, 2005

Progress

I haven't had much time to blog in the past week nor have I made much progress with projects. The Beginners Triangle is growing, slowly ............





...........and the Booga Bag is complete with handles. I'm pleased with this, my first attempt at felting. Unfortunately, I under estimated the amount of yarn required for a tote bag and it's ended up handbag size, a bit too small for carrying projects around in. I shall know to buy extra yarn next time.



I've also started another top for Steven, I haven't decided yet whether it will be a jacket or a sweater, but as I've started with the sleeve, I can make the decision later. Despite the cable, it's a pretty mindless television knit. The pattern is 'Jack' from Rowan Junior but I'm using Sirdar Denim Tweed. Although Steven is nearly 19, he is still small enough to fit into children's sizes which saves a bit on yarn and it is far cheaper to knit for him than for myself!


This afternoon we joined Rose and the others at Beatties' Knit-Chat club. Steven's school nurse Lisa was passing by with her new baby James, and kindly took our photo. I think Steven was feeling the heat in his knitted sweater!

No comments: