Thursday, June 21, 2007

Recovered

Just about recovered from my visit to Gardener's World Live last week. I found walking around for about five hours, extremely exhausting. There were actually three shows, Good Food and Good Homes as well as the gardening show, too much to see in one visit. I did see some conservatory blinds I liked, but no furniture.
I'm afraid the ASJ is in the waiting area at the moment as I'm making a few small things for Kisiisi as light relief, and to use more of the stash, which seems to get no smaller.
I've completed another BSJ, double knitting, approx. 20" chest. I love the way this has turned out; the joy of this pattern is the way each garment is so different from the others, and you're never quite sure how it will look.

Now I have to find some suitable buttons.

I also have some tiny jackets, for the smallest babies, and hope to make a few hats.

The flooring in the conservatory is being fitted on Monday, so disruption again for a while.

Not much done in the garden this week, due to the wet weather, but here are a couple of pictures.


Peony Sarah Bernhardt, and Rose New Dawn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the baby surprise jacket. You've managed the stripes really well. I'll email you with my address for sending the clothes. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Looking again at you bsj, I notice that you have made ribbing cuffs and I think you have neatened the neck somewhat. Are these your own modifications? I'm using the version in Knitter's Workshop.