Saturday, June 10, 2006

Heat

At last summer has arrived and was it only two weeks ago it was still winter? My shorts have been unearthed from the back of the drawer, and believe you me, they only see the light of day when it's really hot, and then only in the back garden, in private.


Not a lot on the needles at the moment. I've just sent a few baby knits off to Chris at Ray of Hope. I'm also making some squares for the Knitted River.The only stipulation is that they must be blue and six inches square, but you can use any yarn or pattern.


The garden is flourishing, or at least the weeds are! Star plant of the week is this Gladiolus Byzantinus. The original corm came from a friend's garden in Cornwall. Sadly, she has recently moved so I won't have the pleasure of visiting her beautiful garden again; but I have the plant to remind me of it. It appears to be multiplying and will probably eventually become a weed!

1 comment:

scarletprincess said...

Thats so beautiful, I can't wait to get to grips with my new garden!