Monday, April 28, 2008

Garden

I seem to have been neglecting the blog recently. I didn't realise it was so long since I posted. Not much to show on the knitting, although progress has been made on several projects. I've started the second Kureyon sock, and so far the stripes are matching, which pleases me.


I've also made some progress in the garden. Sadly, not my own work, but something that needed to be done. This cherry tree has been ailing since I had it pruned a few years ago. Last year it lost its leaves mid summer and looked dead. I gave it a chance to revive this spring, but it was not to be.

So it is now reduced to a sweetly smelling pile of logs.


I don't have an open fire myself, but have a friend who burns logs so they will be going to her, when she can arrange transport.

Also garden related, my tomato seedlings are making progress, if a little slowly. However it will be a few weeks before they can go outside, so should have grown a bit by then.

No comments: