Monday, September 03, 2007

1940's Weekend




This is my second attempt at an update, Blogger ate the first one.
We've had a busy week. Steven had a brief admission to hospital on Tuesday, home on Wednesday. Thursday was spent recovering then back to hospital Friday for a scheduled out patients appointment.
I finished my 1940's style sweater in time for the event at Bantock Park at the week end. (See photo at top. Blogger is really playing up and won't let me move photos or make links.) I also made a turban type hat but it was so horrendous it's getting frogged.
There was an interesting display of knitted food but not much in the way of knitted clothing. What I did see was in double knitting acrylic, very much not 1940s when 4ply was considered heavy weight and wool and artificial silk were the yarns used. Cotton was for dishcloths. Must try and knit them some more genuine samples for next year



1 comment:

Steph said...

I can't believe it's been a year since that last 1940s event at Bantock! Little did we know last time where we'd be now ;-)
Love the blues in your top.