Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year

Well, all the festivities are over and it's back to the old routine. Steven went back to his day centre yesterday so I have more time during the day for essentials, such as knitting and blogging.

First, I was tagged by Steph to list the six most weird things about myself, so here goes, rather late I'm afraid.

1. I love chocolate, cream cakes, puddings etc. Nothing weird in that you may think, but I am diabetic and I know I shouldn't eat them, but I do and suffer and feel ill afterwards. Therefore I try not to have them in the house.

2. I drink very little alcohol, an occasional glass of sherry or wine to be sociable. I don't enjoy the taste and to be honest can't see what all the fuss is about. I would rather spend my money on yarn ( or chocolate.)

3. I don't drive. I lived in London for many years and never felt the need to learn. Given no. 2 above this is considered a waste of a non drinker by others in the family.

4. I also have never smoked.

5. I seem to have a need to be untidy. I feel uncomfortable if I'm sitting down without being surrounded by yarn, magazines etc. Of course, this leads to frantic tidying when visitors arrive.

6. Jobs always get put off until tomorrow, or preferably the day after.

Most people have done this already, but if not, consider yourself tagged.

Now for some knitting content. I'm trying to knit from stash as a new year resolution so have started a Stash Buster log cabin afghan. Here is progress so far.



I'm trying to use yarn that I'm unlikely to need for any other project so some of the colours are a bit dull. However it's a nice mindless T.V. knit and a good way of use up small amounts of yarn, mostly D.K. or 4ply doubled.

No comments: