Saturday, December 09, 2006

Frustration

I've been having a very frustrating time recently trying to contact Hip Knits. In August I joined their Sock Club, and hoped to receive a skein of yarn each month for four months. In September I got the first skein and Steven now has new socks (see previous post.) Since then I have received nothing. I emailed Kerrie in November and received a reply saying that the missing yarn would be sent the next day, but so far nothing, and no reply to other emails. Has it got lost in the post or not yet been sent? Looking at comments on the Hip knits blog I see I'm not the only one having difficulty making contact.
On a more successful emailing note, Steven now has his picture on Radio 4's Window on your World, page 2, photo number 31. All the photos were taken at 5pm on Tuesday 5 December.






On the knitting front, I'm working away at Christmas presents, both to give myself and for other people to give ( you know who I mean Chris!) Here is a small sample of progress.


Very plain so far but I hope to add a decorative ribbing at the top. Wool came from Texere. No problem contacting them and a speedy delivery. As you can see, I've already started the second sock to avoid Second Sock Syndrome

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Chris' sister, proud owner of a pair of your wonderful socks. Very comfy across the toes and round the ankles. Size perfect too. Thank you very much. :-)