Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jacket.......



......... for Steven completed. This started as 'Jack' sweater from Rowan Junior. After I completed the back, I realised I had made a mistake in the stitch pattern. Each repeat should have covered 20 rows and I had only 6. So much tighter cables, I don't know why I didn't realise. Rather than frog the back, I decided to make the rest to match. I then decided a jacket would be more useful than a sweater so divided the front, added front bands and buttons. I used Sirdar Denim Tweed DK which is lovely and soft and machine washable, essential for Steven's clothes.

Here it is modelled by the recipient.


Yesterday I sent off my contribution to the Lutsk Orphanage appeal. I've always enjoyed knitting for children and when I worked in Residential Nurseries years ago, knitted constantly for the children.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Steven looks fab in his fantastic new jacket. He looks lovely,comfortable and rather trendy !
Some marvellous knitting. You're very prolific.

Knitting Mummy said...

Hi just found your blog and had to say Steven looks great in that jacket it really does look very comfortable.
Amanda.