Tuesday, August 02, 2016

July Garden

News good and bad this month. The Tayberries are cropping well.


I'm picking courgettes every few days although some are quite small. 
The runner beans are flowering. These are Mergoles, stringless and 'set well in all summer weather' according to the packet.



  
The roses have been affected by Black spot. 'Mary Rose' lost all its leaves but is sprouting again. 'Gertrude Jekyll' was also affected but not so badly. 


'Bonica' was not affected and put on a good show.
The Clematis have wilt but if cut down will hopefully recover next year. I'm reluctant to spray as I try to garden organically. I think the warm damp summer we are having has affected several plants. The one thing that isn't affected is the bind weed with which I have a constant battle, and I think it is winning!


No comments: